Many office fires start as a result of electricity malfunction or misuse.
A well maintained electrical system provides maximum safety and is an important step in fire prevention.
- Avoid overloading electrical outlets. The best method is to assure a sufficient number of outlets. That will also help in minimizing the need for extension cords, reducing fire hazards.
- If you must use an extension cord, never run it across walkways due to the potential tripping hazard. If you must run a cord across a walkway, tape it to the floor.
- Is it very unsafe to use poor quality, non-approved office appliances such as coffee makers, copiers, and even computers. Defective appliances have a higher chance of developing electrical shorts leading to shock hazards and fires.